Pack up the costumes and take down the cobwebs! Come join us at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 1st for knitting, fun conversation, and help us choose new yarns from Malabrigo. Their color cards are drool-worthy! We’ll have a few treats….but the best part is always being together with new friends! We hope to see you here.
We have had lots going on at Harmony, and our classes so far have been fabulous. Our very first class was taught by Jane Wise on cooking with peaches. Last Saturday Jane taught a class on baking bread – you should have been there! The whole shop smelled so delicious!
A group of students have completed the beginning knitting class taught by Sarah Davis and have had a great deal of success.
Another successful group of students have completed our beginning crochet class taught by Allison Baker. Here they are just starting out on their projects;
A big thank you to Janell and Megan for sharing their projects.
So, what’s coming up next?
- Allison is planning on teaching another Intro to Crochet Class in November. The dates will be November 1, 8 & 15 from 10am – 12pm. The cost for the class is $60. This is a great opportunity to learn a new skill at the same time as making a gift for yourself or someone you love. What could be nicer than to receive a beautiful handmade gift such as this scarf for Christmas?
- Sarah will be teaching another Beginning Knitting class too. This will be held on Tuesday evenings, Nov. 20, 27, and Dec. 4 from 7-8:30. The cost of this class is just $45, and you’ll be making something beautiful and very practical for the coming months of cold weather.
- The dates for our basket weaving class: Kentucky Berry Basket have changed. The class will now be held on November 6, 13 & 20 from 9.15 – 10.45. The basket weaving class is $63. Again this could be another gift to tick off your Christmas list.
- Our Children’s sewing class will begin in November. We will also be adding an adult sewing class on Thursday evenings. More details will be available soon.
- We are very excited to be adding new classes all the time. We are going to start offering knitting workshops for those who already know the basics and would like some help in trying something new. Our first two workshops will be “Knitting Entrelac” taught by Alison Stokes on Tuesday Nov. 20 from 7-8.30 and “Getting started with socks” taught by Tracy Willburn on Thursday Dec. 6 from 7-8:30. The workshops will be offered at an introductory price of $10 per class.
Thanks for all the support, everyone! We’ve just finished our first two weeks and have had some priceless experiences, met lots of new friends, and learned a ton.
We’re having our first “Knit Night” this Thursday, Oct 4, at 7.30 – come, and bring a treat if you’d like to.